Welcome to my s~A(R)T~urday linky party – today: Changes
“They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.
~ Andy Warhol ~
here is truth as I see it. Changes – it may sound harsh, but I believe that they are very necessary in life. Some regard them as bad, I usually welcome them as a new start, a new chance, possibility to grow or leave something behind you don’t need anymore.
Chances are you have been with me for a while and read my musings (or babbling) about my life, my photography, my art.
And I thank you with all my heart for tagging along on my journey!
Now I feel that it is time for a change. Actually, I have felt this for a while, but my problem was and still is that I am not entirely sure in which direction this change will lead my future path.
So, today I am sharing with you a few of the things I have already changed or am in the process of changing. I am going to initiate more change, by cleaning up, de-cluttering
- my house
- Today I will be rummaging through our kitchen. Well, that is actually an ‘de-clutter again’. While I am pretty good at not buying too many unnecessary things, stuff still piles up. Fun!
- I will definitely need to go through my clothes. Oh so many that don’t fit anymore, I don’t like anymore, I have not worn in a year or so – time to part with them.
- my body
- for the next two weeks I will go on a cleanse by not eating certain foods e.g. dairy, gluten trying to figure out why ‘normal’ diet changes e.g. no sweets at all, no alcohol at all have no effect on me – at all
- make more time for meditation and yoga
- continue exercising at least three times a week for more than 45 minutes
- my virtual life
- I have a lot of subscriptions, I am sure you do, too. I actually created my imagesbycw (at) gmail just for that purpose. Time to de-clutter. This means that I will be unsubscribing from… all email subscriptions. Yes, you read that correctly, ALL of them.
Of course, this does not mean that I will not be reading your posts anymore. No, no, no, I will, trust me – we are friends. The only difference is, I will be visiting you through RSS, Feedly is my preferred reader. Don’t you just love their magazine layout?
Like many others did before me, I have also been thinking about taking a blogging break. But – you know what?
- I don’t want to take a break. I want a change.
- I do not want to keep on ‘babbling’.
- I do not want to feel that I have to publish an article, yet nothing to say or show.
- I need to change this back to ‘I have got something to say, to show – let’s do this!’
And until I figure out which direction this change is going to be, my only 100 % sure-fire article that I will be publishing each week will be this one here: sARTurday.
To mark this change I am sharing with you my ‘inner muse painting’ that I did last weekend. It is painted on aquaboard with acrylics, watercolor and gel pens. And it was such a fun experience, I could hardly stop. Waiting for layers to dry can take way too long, it made me itch to continue. Do you know that feeling I am talking about?
I hope you do. Because that is exactly the feeling that I hope to be getting back for writing on my website, my online world, too.
And now, here’s to the weekend – enjoy it!