Welcome to the weekend. Welcome to Saturday art linky
“To create one’s own world takes courage.” Georgia O’Keeffe
Here is what I have created – an ice grim world. Now it is your turn. Share with us what you have created lately or some time ago.
(click the image to see more details)
(credit: My photos | textures by: Erica Zwart, Sebastian Michaels)
*** Here is where I link up today. ***
If you feel like spreading the word about my Saturday Art Linkup, please grab my badge below:
Since this is a new link up I think I will leave my little explanation up in this post . There are actually three reasons behind my offering this opportunity to showcase your art a little.
- I love art, see and experience, fantasize and dream, live and create it
- For a long time I wanted to create my own link up. One that represents – me, in a creative sense, of course, = art
- A while back there used to be a photo art link up I participated in a few times, but Bonnie (Photo Art Friday) is taking an extended break
There are oh.so.many link ups out there on the web it is mind-boggling. You can get seriously lost in any number of them. While they can be a big time sucker they are also always a lot of fun. Behind each link up there usually is – at some point – a dedicated community. One that over time I am hoping to build with my link up, too. Please don’t be intimidated that I am calling this an art linky. Simply share some of your creations. Art is completely subjective. It takes courage and time to realize that you may actually call your own creations art. And if you believe they are pieces of art, I believe they are. They may be good or bad or great – who am I to say?! I’d rather like to think along these words from Andy Warhol:
“Don’t think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.”
Having said that I want this link up to be open to all arts. Yes, my personal medium is photography and photo art, which is what you will be getting from me. But I do not want to put a limit on my art link up and thus it is open to all forms of (somewhat) visual art. I am saying somewhat, as it has to be able to be displayed in a digital way here on the website. That does include
– yes, straight out of the camera is fine, too – as long as you think it is art –
– edited, enhanced, destroyed, composited – whatever – as long as you think it is art –
– I don’t have the words to describe this one, but… – as long as you think it is art –
painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics, design, crafts, video, graphic design… everything!
– as long as you think it is art – it is art – show it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=498360 mode=1]
Why don’t you join me along my journey and follow me on , and if you prefer and see what I come up with next. You can, of course, also subscribe by email – (click) here or you may follow my blog with Bloglovin or my preferred reader Feedly.